One of the toughest decisions a blogger has to make is finding a topic to blog about. When you start blogging, you will this wonderful idea to tell the world something. After you have written about it, what do you write to continue the blog?
Inspiration comes from everywhere. Something you see, an opinion you make, a feeling that you experience. All of these are unique to you and if identified will become good topics to blog about.
Yet, for those with a mind already stuck, here are a few topics that you could use as a stepping point for your next blog. Enjoy!
- Choose one single object on your table and try to think what makes that particular object special to you? What feature, emotion, or experience from that object inspires you?
- What was the last book, article, news that you read which offended you? Why?
- The most recent movie that you watched which you found weird? Why?
- When you drive to work or any other destination, what feature or object that piques your interest? Why?
- When was the last time you searched something in Wikipedia and ended up in a totally different topic? How did that happen?
- Take the topic that interests you and try to imagine the product or topic from the inside out. The beginning and end switched.
- What is the worst television show you know off. Why is it the worst? How not to do it?
- You can magically solve one problem. What is the problem and what happens afterwards?
- Think of the best movie you ever watched, now what changes can you do to make it the worse movie ever made?
- Thinking in timelines is an interesting exercise. Think what the difference would be in a year, 5 years, 10 years, and 50 years. Having varying gaps in the timeline forces you to think in creative ways.