Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Windows 8 Developer - Not Available for Malaysia

One of the most irritating things that we face as Developers is that we are Malaysians. Yes I said it. 

I love my country, but why oh why is it that being born here dictates how we interact with the rest of the world? The recent news that ticked me off was that Malaysia is not one of the countries that can publish Apps to the upcoming Win App Store. 

I beg your pardon? I thought Malaysia has this thing called MSC and some digital revolution thing going on where we are pumping millions of Ringgit? Really? We don't even have the presence of Luxembourg? Even with millions of Ringgit we are still a second class country in Software development?  

For now, this is the list of countries which can register as Developers for Win App Store. 

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Columbia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and United Kingdom.

No Malaysia there. But trust me when I say that we will always find a way around this unnecessary hurdle to do what we love. That is to development games and to have fun doing it! 

//End Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment